Residential building services
Home building — solid investment
Considering a move for more space?
Consider also — stamp duty, moving costs, refurbishment, hidden expenses… leaving behind family or friends, a well-loved view, a known neighbourhood.
Consider also improving what you already have, to accommodate:
• lifestyle changes
• a new family
• onset of teenage years
• caring for elderly relatives
• setting up a business from home
• taking up a hobby
Building a home extension can mean endless planning squabbles, endless dust, endless delays — and in some cases — endless excuses.
Tudor Design and Build – so different
We have considerable planning experience; we’re council-trained and understand better than most the proper procedures, the regulations, and what to do.
We project manage with precision — to time and to budget.
There are events we can’t control, but we keep you in the loop – client communication is important to us. Ask our clients who refer us to friends, and who write us such lovely testimonials.
What we do for you
• keep regular contact with throughout the project
• maintain good communications with our onsite teams – all local people
• leave no mess – we’re house trained
• suggest or explain options – so you can make informed choices
• give full commitment – from breaking ground to hand over
What we give you
• confidence in a job well done, finished beautifully to high standards
• minimal, if any, snagging
• always available for your questions
• a Home-owner Hand-over manual – certifications, guarantees, instructions
What we did
Tudor Design and Build undertook an office-to-dwelling conversion after plans submission. We examined the plans of the proposed three luxury apartments, and through redesign, saw potential to create a fourth, using loft space.
We redesigned the floor area, resubmitted the plans, and after approval, created two 2-bedroom en-suite city apartments, a 1-bedroom apartment and a loft studio in the heart of historic St Albans. The second 2-bedroom apartment occupied two storeys.
Throughout the development, we retained the Georgian character of the outside building on the inside. We accentuated the brightness and light, maximised the space and refurbished for Georgian elegance. We introduced contemporary functionality without compromising the existing architectural aspects — staircases, sash windows, high ceilings.